Welcome to class #3!!
- In design, the "format" is the margins of the page that hold a design.
- A grid system is the measurements that are used to align and size objects within the format.
- There is no wrong way to set up a grid, but there are types of grids that are commonly used.
- Grids are often created in Photoshop or Illustrator but are actually easier to make with CSS and HTML because we are limited to numbers.
- Manuscript grid:
- Column grid:
- Modular grid:
- Many different combinations and ways to use a grid. Combinations of grid, using each box as way to place elements on the page.
- We're going to talk about Grid systems.
- We'll go over ways to combine HTML and CSS to achieve our grid designs.
- We'll work on a simple page layout.